KTM Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a new set of stock rims and tires for my 18 Enduro 690r that has very little use on them.
My current dirt tires have about 1200 miles on them and are showing there age as I use the bike for a commuter toy. Currently has a set of Pirrelli Twinduro tires that are showing lots of age.
So my question is to what street tires would you recommend to put on the stock rims for the dedicated set of street tires and wheels for my bike?
The ones I am currently looking at are,
Continental Conti/Trail attack 3
Front is 90/90B21 54V
Rear is 140/80B18 70S.

The front tire listed only one size to fit that rim, but there are a couple of choices on the rear tire.
Anyone with any experience on this?

·
Registered
279 Posts
There are many dual sport tire reviews on line, and it really depends on what you want to do with them. With 2 sets of wheels, I would want a set for dirt and one for street, but it would probably take me 30+ minutes to swap wheels so I would rather have two bikes. If you want a great dirt tire that grips the pavement good too, Pirelli 90/10s. However, good luck getting 3-4k miles out of them. If you want a super long lasting tire consider K60 Scouts. I got 14k miles on mine (150/70 R18 tubeless) riding like a hooligan every chance I get on a 790 ADV R, and they probably had 2-3k left. I recently replaced the rear that had a nail in it I couldn’t see from the outside and it never leaked. The front (90/90 R21) has 10k miles and probably has another 10k left.

Attachments

·
Registered
544 Posts
259 views and no suggestions on tires?
Anyone? Bueller?
The Conti Trail Atacks are awesome road tires, 90% road 10% off road, and great milage, also very good in the wet, They are quite a heavy tire, and handle coarse gravel with ease. i run them on my 950S Multistrada. on my 660 XT I've just fitted some Mitas 80/20% road/off road. they feel ok, but would have preferred Conti's but couldn't find any rear in 17 inch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts