KTM Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I always ride in Track mode as I find throttle response better than Sport. TC set to 5 but I'm still exploring it.
BadBoy, how much wheelie does the 5 setting allow - meaning how high will the front end get? I haven't played with the TC settings in track mode yet so I'm curious.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ride in Track Mode, ABS, and AWM off! Love to slide the rear on entry to corners, but I am still too lame to slide it in Supermoto style. And of course with this bike I just love the front wheel in the air. Installed a tank handle so my wife had a better grip when we wheelie. She has turned out to be a really great passenger, despite only getting onto bikes in the last few years.

Only switched the mode selector to RAIN once in a torrential downpour, the rest of the time it stays in track mode even in the rain. Had a few moments but it keeps me on my toes and refines my skills.

What is this tank handle that you speak of?????????

·
Registered
211 Posts
BadBoy, how much wheelie does the 5 setting allow - meaning how high will the front end get? I haven't played with the TC settings in track mode yet so I'm curious.
It has nothing to do with wheelies, but rather how much spin you'll be able to produce on the rear tire. It's a cornering thing...

·
Registered
114 Posts
What is this tank handle that you speak of?????????
Spanish company called A-sider produces them - they have them in SuperDukeR fitment and many others, but unfortunately not for my Duke 690. They work really well, are really easy to install and do not interfere with fueling. My wife loves them, easy to use, totally confidence inspiring, especially with spirited riding.

Only issue is if I put the front wheel down hard from a wheelie, I have to remember to put tension in my arms. The first time it happened I hit my sternum on the bar - only done that once :smile2: You can just see the handle in this image - can get them in black or silver

Dealt with a guy called Jose at A-Sider who was very helpful [email protected] Price was 125Euro plus 15 Euro shipping to USA

http://www.a-sider.com/ENG/index.php

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
442 Posts
Curious but is this currently still available from KTM dealers for the Superdukes? And if so - HOW???

Blows my mind that they pulled 690's Trackpack in March this year (North America)... then drop my deposit on '350 EXC only to see there is NO traction control or map switching options but available on the all Husky FE350's. WTFKTMBBQ.

·
Registered
143 Posts
It has nothing to do with wheelies, but rather how much spin you'll be able to produce on the rear tire. It's a cornering thing...
Forgive me if I'm ignorant on the topic, but I'm confused - how can it not affect wheelies? I understand the amount of slip it allows in cornering, etc. But on a regular basis for example not in "Track" mode, when you turn MTC off, it allows your front tire to come up. I would assume that the TC settings in "Track" mode have to affect the same, right? It seems like a "1" setting would allow fully doing wheelies, whereas a "9" setting would interfere and prevent wheelies. EDIT - This is assuming "Anti-wheelie" mode is set to "Off".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Forgive me if I'm ignorant on the topic, but I'm confused - how can it not affect wheelies? I understand the amount of slip it allows in cornering, etc. But on a regular basis for example not in "Track" mode, when you turn MTC off, it allows your front tire to come up. I would assume that the TC settings in "Track" mode have to affect the same, right? It seems like a "1" setting would allow fully doing wheelies, whereas a "9" setting would interfere and prevent wheelies. EDIT - This is assuming "Anti-wheelie" mode is set to "Off".
In the other modes with the MTC on there is wheelie control/anti wheelie. Depending on the mode it will allow the front tyre up a certain amount before it brings the bike down. Sport mode will let the front lift a few feet off the ground for example. If you turn MTC off everything is disabled - but it goes back on when you stop the bike.

In track mode you can separate the anti wheelie from the traction control/slide control. So it doesn't matter what level of traction control you run if anti wheelie is off.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks - it must use the angle sensor rather than relying on wheel speed differential. I wasn't aware of that but it makes sense.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Talking 17+ model Super Duke, I have the performance pack which I got mainly for the quickshifter, but am wondering lately if the track pack is worth the cost, how often do you use it, I am not looking to take the Super Duke to the track but wonder if it adds a level of fun?
The following functions are available once this has been activated by your authorized KTM dealer:
"Track" mode
Anti-wheelie mode off
Launch control
Traction control slip adjust
Throttle response

How much does the throttle response change?
Any thoughts from owners with the track pack appreciated.
I love not having to let off the gas and use the clutch
Smooth as silk.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Talking 17+ model Super Duke, I have the performance pack which I got mainly for the quickshifter, but am wondering lately if the track pack is worth the cost, how often do you use it, I am not looking to take the Super Duke to the track but wonder if it adds a level of fun?
The following functions are available once this has been activated by your authorized KTM dealer:
"Track" mode
Anti-wheelie mode off
Launch control
Traction control slip adjust
Throttle response

How much does the throttle response change?
Any thoughts from owners with the track pack appreciated.
I turn it to track mode periodically to pull some wheelies but other than that I find sport mode works just fine for my uses.
How is the performance pack ? I'd like the quickshifter and the sync to phone for on display directions. Do you have any experience with that ?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Spanish company called A-sider produces them - they have them in SuperDukeR fitment and many others, but unfortunately not for my Duke 690. They work really well, are really easy to install and do not interfere with fueling. My wife loves them, easy to use, totally confidence inspiring, especially with spirited riding.

Only issue is if I put the front wheel down hard from a wheelie, I have to remember to put tension in my arms. The first time it happened I hit my sternum on the bar - only done that once :smile2: You can just see the handle in this image - can get them in black or silver

Dealt with a guy called Jose at A-Sider who was very helpful [email protected] Price was 125Euro plus 15 Euro shipping to USA

A-SIDER passenger handgrips
There was a company that had the same setup as A slider but the bar was removable sort of like the tank bags I wish I could find them.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Lilhobbys13, you can simply disable traction control and pull wheelies in any mode. I assume you knew this, but just in case, I thought to post it.

I love Track Mode but use it sporadically. I love the snap of the throttle, etc, but most times I'm putt putting due to traffic and just trying to remain calm and resist hooligan urges ;) I usually leave TC off so I can wheelie if the urges get too strong ;) If I'm being serious through the twisties, I'll use Track Mode and keep slip on 5 or so.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts