Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
824 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks @weeksy I have yet to master this video posting business.
My road to success will be paved with failure. I will persist. All advice and help is most welcome. Many thanks (y)

·
Super Moderator
1,958 Posts
You did it on a mobile device. Needs to be the desktop link not mobile link to fully post like mine

·
Premium Member
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure how I messed up that one.
First failed attempt was tried on my chromebook. Second pitiful attempt was made on my Acer laptop. I thought I made mistake copying and paste URL. Would it be possible to post instructions for tech challenged special need seniors like myself? I'm sure I'm missing a small required step in this process. Many thanks for help.

·
Premium Member
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well this sly old dog managed to sneak out for a Christmas eve trail ride for a few hours today. Overnight temperatures were slightly above freezing but ground was frozen and mudholes were soft ice. Old dog managed to rage through the woods one more time before winter puts a choke hold on trail riding for awhile.
I may have some video of my reindeer run, but I have to edit first to remove swear words.
20191224_100528.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
824 Posts
EW ... do we see water holes all along that trail with slushy water in them? Auggie, think of nice dry pavement with a warm coffee shop up ahead ... so civilized. We gotta get you an SDR to try.

·
Premium Member
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
EW ... do we see water holes all along that trail with slushy water in them? Auggie, think of nice dry pavement with a warm coffee shop up ahead ... so civilized. We gotta get you an SDR to try.
ah hell no... i drive 2 hours of that $hitty pavement to get to those lovely frozen mudholes and drink my cold coffee afterwards and flirt with the toothless waitress at the greasy spoon truckstop.....ah life is good,,,,and dirty

·
Premium Member
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
250 and 300 is the same bike except for differences for the larger bore cylinder and related hardware and head and pv. Power is very close but power delivery on 300 is concentrated in mid range. Technical riders like the 300xc mellow power. Shred heads like the SX type power delivery. I like for mine to bark but not to bite. Stock porting with S3 head and SX module give the 250 plenty of beans for mid range snap, but still has plenty of top end. Put your unused parts on parts for sale here if you like

·
Registered
314 Posts
250 and 300 is the same bike except for differences for the larger bore cylinder and related hardware and head and pv. Power is very close but power delivery on 300 is concentrated in mid range. Technical riders like the 300xc mellow power. Shred heads like the SX type power delivery. I like for mine to bark but not to bite. Stock porting with S3 head and SX module give the 250 plenty of beans for mid range snap, but still has plenty of top end. Put your unused parts on parts for sale here if you like
my 08 is totally tricked out. 215 lbs compression. Dal Soggios forks.
I was going to donate it to you. Where do you live? Close to LA?

·
Premium Member
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
my 08 is totally tricked out. 215 lbs compression. Dal Soggios forks.
I was going to donate it to you. Where do you live? Close to LA?
Ha. Thanks. I never saw the weight on those but I thought they started at 230 or so. 215 pounds is near 125 weight class. Cool stuff. I tried racing 125s in hare scrambles years ago and loved the light weight but missed my 250s power when needed. I'm in eastern pa. Most of our riding here is shale or rocks. I ride a little further east of here and prefer the mud and sand on the east coast

·
Premium Member
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Old dog managed a bit of a trail ride today while the temperature was unseasonably warm and forecasted rain allowed a quick trail ride. Have to be careful during hunting season as some of these drunken hillbilly hunters shoot at anything that moves in the woods and some of the homeless encampments have a criminal element in some areas. Best to buzz through the trails at warp speed and be gone before any of them realize I'm there. I managed to burn a bit of premix and get a bit of trail riding before winter returns

1 - 18 of 18 Posts