KTM Forums banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
i have some tune ecu maps if u want to try just pm me
the really unleash the the bikes ,incredibly smooth power delivery no jerkiness and nasty pull on big end .they are not lean only 13.2 afr and timing set 93 octane gas with 10 percent ethanol

i have maps for rc8r 09-10 with or without full club kit and 11-12
they are set up for bmc air filters and akra exhuast evo 4 but i would like someone to try with a slip on it would just b a little fat

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looking around, it sounds like the Map from Bonehead is the best for a Stock 2010. I am probably picking up the bike this Saturnday and of course I can't leave it stock. That just isn't like me. ;)
Can someone shoot me that map and also fill me in a bit more on what to expect from stock to his map?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Oh come on bro i know youre maps are gonna belegit! I was just kidding about the fmf map post. I was just postibg that because it seems to get brought up in damn near every thread on this forum hahahaha

I have two more maps i need to try out that i paid for from a local ktm tech here in CA. right now im satified. i have a trackday august 18 at autoclub. i have a feeling ill want to move up after that. if i do ill of course hit you up like i always do.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have a 2011, with an Akra evo 4. I have been testing ReynoldsKTM maps. They drastically improve mid range in 4th and 5th gear, (couldn't check 6th, kept running out of road). The only way I can explain it is that 4th feels like a long hard pulling 2nd gear. Low end throttle response is quite smooth and crisp as well.

I really need to check out on the track, but that won't happen till september for me. Will keep all updated, but already a big improvement over the 0331 map.

Cheers

·
Registered
339 Posts
Looking around, it sounds like the Map from Bonehead is the best for a Stock 2010. I am probably picking up the bike this Saturnday and of course I can't leave it stock. That just isn't like me. ;)
Can someone shoot me that map and also fill me in a bit more on what to expect from stock to his map?
Boneheads map is for a '08 stock exhaust with high flow filter, I have the same map adjusted for a '09 known as simon's map

·
Registered
39 Posts
Boneheads map is for a '08 stock exhaust with high flow filter, I have the same map adjusted for a '09 known as simon's map
I found that one on the UK forum. Being that the 09 and 10 are essentially the same bike (as far as I can tell), flashing it to the 10 should work without a hitch correct?

How are you enjoying the map? Sounds good from what I have red but man actual Details are hard to come by around here lol. Short blurbs, relevant or otherwise, are aplenty. :D

First thing I will probably do is compare Stock/Bonehead's tune, then Sell my Sprint ST's D&D Exhaust (and stock bags) to get one for this bike. Followed by whatever other little mods I need here and there (needs a Tinted Windscreen, possibly a G2, etc...).

Ha I don't even own the bike yet and already am looking for things to buy for it. It is a sickness with all my vehicles.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Bike had fueling problems when I first got it surged like a bastard, I changed the map and installed the orange throttle tube, now smooth as silk. Then again riding it and getting used to it also smoothes things out. I remember when I first got the bike I couldn't get it into neutral to save my life had to shut
The bike off and use my hand, now it's no big deal !

·
Registered
640 Posts
i have some tune ecu maps if u want to try just pm me
the really unleash the the bikes ,incredibly smooth power delivery no jerkiness and nasty pull on big end .they are not lean only 13.2 afr and timing set 93 octane gas with 10 percent ethanol

i have maps for rc8r 09-10 with or without full club kit and 11-12
they are set up for bmc air filters and akra exhuast evo 4 but i would like someone to try with a slip on it would just b a little fat
I have the cable I just had bad issuse when I had my duke.
It's good to know that your getting a map from some one that knows what there are doing and someone you can trust.

Good job thanks it's good to know. I know when i had my duke it was nice to change a map for a track that the current map did not do the job.and another map was better for top end or low end which ever you needed.
I had like six differant ones and some were better than others depending on your needs.I know there are a ton of maps for the duke on tune ecu.It will be great if we can do the same thing for our RC8R's

Keep up the great work. I do have a question and I know you know more than me on this. I want to replace the stock air filter.Is the bmc filter the one to get for my 11 ? I have no clue I have seen k&n bmc and some others whats the best one do you think I should get?
Thanks for the help I have the FMF and the map I think a better air filter would help I just want to do whats best for the bike.
Thanks again
Vic

·
Registered
339 Posts
Thanks for the help I have the FMF and the map I think a better air filter would help I just want to do whats best for the bike.
Thanks again
Vic
I'm pretty sure the map is for a high flow filter. All the other MAPS for aftermarket pipes are also for high flow filters. Pipes = decreases restriction = more air out = need more air in.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Orvic,
Since you have the cable hook it up and read your ECU, then send it out for others with the FMF, they've been looking

·
Registered
339 Posts
Orvic,
Since you have the cable hook it up and read your ECU, then send it out for others with the FMF, they've been looking

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I dont think it was designed with a hi-flow. ktm had told the guy that gave me my maps to add the hi flow filter, that its not needed. Also for the smoothest results and longest engine life to stick with the stock filter. *just what i was told.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I dont think it was designed with a hi-flow. ktm had told the guy that gave me my maps to add the hi flow filter, that its not needed. Also for the smoothest results and longest engine life to stick with the stock filter. *just what i was told.
My guy at Ktm told me the same thing that the stock one good. but he is a dealer and of course wants to sell his stuff. I trust him.
One thing our computers are so good if you change the air filter I don't think we have to remap.I was told this a racing map and should not have a problem with a high flow air filter.But at the same time my guy said some after market filters are not as good as stock .Thats why I was wondering since with my RC8's I have only used oem .If others have used something differant how did they like it. I just would like to find out if there a differance. One guy told me the K&N restricts air vs the OEM.So that got me really confused.I guess I will just keep it stock. I like K&N products and I know nothing about the BMC.I am not trying to make it faster I just want it to breathe as good as it can.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Orvic,
I know the cables are the same. It's just that it's been a year since I did anything with tune ecu and to be honest I forgot some things that I know are important.My bike is running so good I just don't want to take a chance on messing it up.
I will bring the cable to track day and if someone who shows up knows what they are doing I don't have a problem letting them download it.
I just don't feel like I know what I am doing anymore and if I lost my map I would be a real pain to get it back.Last time I had to send my ecu to KTM so they could reflash it.It took 2 weeks.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I know the cables are the same. It's just that it's been a year since I did anything with tune ecu and to be honest I forgot some things that I know are important.My bike is running so good I just don't want to take a chance on messing it up.
I will bring the cable to track day and if someone who shows up knows what they are doing I don't have a problem letting them download it.
I just don't feel like I know what I am doing anymore and if I lost my map I would be a real pain to get it back.Last time I had to send my ecu to KTM so they could reflash it.It took 2 weeks.
Sounds like u should read it and back it up incise you loose it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Does anyone have the US map for a bone stock 2011? I just picked up a former demo bike that I'm converting to race and I'm trying to turn off the EPC using tuneecu, but the map that's on my bike is giving me an "invalid map" error so it's not working (can't make the change without writing to the ecu, but since I can't read my map, I don't have one to send to the ecu).

1 - 20 of 164 Posts