KTM Forums banner

41 - 60 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
I previously posted the full list of RC8/RC8R TuneECU maps in post #32, page 4 of this thread.
I used the 2034 EU map on my 2010 Akra with an EVO4 and BMC filter.
I use only 93 pump/98 RON fuel and the bike runs perfectly (for my street use anyway).
Perhaps for track duty, further fine tuning would be neccessary.
But I detect no running issues on the street - fueling appears perfect.
It is my understanding that the KTM User Tool only works with 2011 and later RC8R's. According to KTM North America, it does not work with 2010 and earlier models.
I asked them because I was going to buy the UT before I did TuneECU.
When they said it was not for the 2010, I went with TuneECU and have been very pleased with the result.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Can you tell me what the difference is between the 0331 and 0334 maps for 11-12's? I don't have my Cable yet...

·
Registered
609 Posts
As it shows in post #32 of this thread, 0331 is for 2011-12 models with the Akrapovic EVO4 exhaust.
0334 is for 2011-12 models with the Akrapovic EVO1 exhaust which uses a differently sized header set and a baffled muffler.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hmm, just trying to figure out which would better suit the FMF I have paired with a K&N airfilter. My next trackday is Friday.

I was wondering if there was a difference in ignition timing, richness, and features that are turned on or off...

·
Registered
609 Posts
Not easy to say since there is no specific map for the exhaust.
I'd start by asking if the FMF is wide open without any baffles.
Also, what is the diameter of the header where it connects to the muffler.
The EVO4 is 70 mm in diameter where it connects to the muffler and of course, the muffler is wide open.
If the FMF is smaller, baffled and/or connects to the stock headers, I'd lean toward the 0334.
Either way, you can try both since you can change them at will.
Just make sure you save the stock map in a safe location in case you need t reinstall it.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
The 0331 would be too rich for your exhaust. The header pipes on the fmf look really close to the stock head pipes diameter-wise. other things come into play as well though, like filter and emissions. id suggest the 0334 map, if it will work for the evo1, the ecu will make up for the rest. If you have a hi flow filter youll probably need a little more fuel.

·
Registered
778 Posts
i have some tune ecu maps if u want to try just pm me
the really unleash the the bikes ,incredibly smooth power delivery no jerkiness and nasty pull on big end .they are not lean only 13.2 afr and timing set 93 octane gas with 10 percent ethanol

i have maps for rc8r 09-10 with or without full club kit and 11-12
they are set up for bmc air filters and akra exhuast evo 4 but i would like someone to try with a slip on it would just b a little fat
Hey bud, ever since you sent me the 4 different maps in an email
i've tried all of them with no luck. Your #4 map was your favorite all out one and you said youre running it on yours but upon downloading it to my bike, it would'nt start and was flashing red key icon and the yellow icon as well. I had to go and reinstall the 0331 map from tune ecu so my bike could start and work normal. Same thing with the #1 map you emailed... I sent you an email about this situation and asked you what the problem could be but never got a reply. I thought maybe by mistake you emailed me maps for 09-10 bikes but in the email you do mention that the maps you sent me are for 11-12. I really would like to know if anyone with 11-12 RC8R was able to download Reynolds maps with sucess..?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
217 Posts
Tune ECU

After a botched attempt to use I read over this thread, and was able to get it to work.

Had to restore my PC to a previous date, Install the driver manually after downloading it from the TuneECU site.

I mistakenly started downloading the map from my bike to back it up, but the process is painstakenly slow! DAMN... I need to get the family to bed.

I downloaded the three maps from the site, and am backing up the one I have first...

Thanks for the info FL.

·
Registered
778 Posts
You're welcome bud i just didn't want anyone else to experience the mild heart attack associated with the bike not crancking up with Reys maps lol. So yeah no matter what back up your oem map first, then play around and if anything you can always re-install your saved map and you're good to go..

·
Registered
778 Posts
They're suppose to be custom tuned maps just like say 0331 is on tuneecu. I got different maps attached to an email, but they all failed on my bike!

·
Registered
47 Posts
08-10 model ????

So I've read this thread, and a few others.... Does anyone know if this adjustment capability is built into the 08 model?? It would seem like it is based on some of the post about the maps for the 09-10 model, but I'm not sure.. I'm trying to compare the option of using the TuneECU method vs Bazzzaz/DynoJet options. Anyone know the answer? Also, if anyone is in the Central Cali area (anywhere from Sac down to LA) I'd be willing to drive to you if you could show me the finer details of tuning?? I REALLY dont wanna jack up my bike trying to hack the ECU...

Thx
B

·
Registered
609 Posts
I REALLY dont wanna jack up my bike trying to hack the ECU...
Using TE is not a hack of the ECU - it replaces the stock map with either other factory maps from various countries or there are a few custom maps.
If you look at the list in post #32 of this thread, you'll see there are several maps available for All Years, depending on your configuration, stock exhaust, Akra exhaust, etc.
The biggest issue people seem to have with TE is not clearly following the instructions, step by step, for installing the software on their computer before they even touch the bike.
Follow the instructions carefully, get or make a cable and install the map you choose for your configuration.
Just remember to save the stock map on your computer first in case you want to go back to stock.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Using TE is not a hack of the ECU - it replaces the stock map with either other factory maps from various countries or there are a few custom maps.
If you look at the list in post #32 of this thread, you'll see there are several maps available for All Years, depending on your configuration, stock exhaust, Akra exhaust, etc.
The biggest issue people seem to have with TE is not clearly following the instructions, step by step, for installing the software on their computer before they even touch the bike.
Follow the instructions carefully, get or make a cable and install the map you choose for your configuration.
Just remember to save the stock map on your computer first in case you want to go back to stock.
Got it.. Thanks for the feedback. I guess I'm thinking of the word "hack" because of the home made cables, and the fact that the dealer had no idea what I was talking about when I asked about my 08 model. He was quick to offer up the $500+ software package for the 11-12 model though... (Go figure). I definitely want to have the ability to tune my bike with the stock ECU vs an add on unit.

Thanks again..

·
Registered
513 Posts
No map for that, but my dealer told me you can put the evo4 map without problems, same exhaust with shorter silencer.
Note: The evo4 and 6 are the only ones with both headers the same lenght, not the others akra.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
389 Posts
No map for that, but my dealer told me you can put the evo4 map without problems, same exhaust with shorter silencer.
Note: The evo4 and 6 are the only ones with both headers the same lenght, not the others akra.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Motorcycle.com App
Good info Chris! I was going to go ahead and do this but it's nice to have confimation :D

·
Registered
389 Posts
If you are trying to make changes "live" while hooked up the the bike's ECU
I was testing the TPS to make sure it was communicating with the bike.

The problem I was having was due to not having downloaded the stock map yet. I eventually figured that out and uploaded a new map. I'll probably hit the dyno this weekend and try a couple of maps then adjust as need be.

It's pretty damn awesome that we have the ability to do this. If you have access to a dyno you're saving at least $200. For someone to do exactly what I did, upload a map that they'll probablly not even fine tune.

41 - 60 of 164 Posts