KTM Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello !

Just chasing some advice about my turbo ktm 690 im having issues when running the turbo hooked up it will jerk and loose power, it idles normal and when charge pipe removed it reva out fine when riding

Not sure if its a map issue or not i am running a pcv.

Any suggestions would be great !

Attachments

·
Dirty Wiz
4,768 Posts
This kind of sh-t gives cors187 a hard on.
Turbo charged Lc4's.
I would take a guess you're running out of fuel when in boost. When you have all that gear hanging off the side of it guess work is very risky. I would be getting on a dyno or at least hooking up some kind of sniffer in the exhuast to see what it's air/fuel is doing. You could be blowing out the spark as well under boost.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys ! I did read about the plenum to hold pressue between intake exhaust (not sure bout that exactly ) i will work on that. I did check AFR through the power commander i do have an auto tune set thingo on it aswell. I wouldnt mind getting what i can the best way before i take it to dyno too !

·
Registered
2016 690 Duke
93 Posts
I don't have any ideas on how to fix this.

However, I would like to add this to the list of potential problems I could have with my Duke, so where can I get a turbo kit for my 690?

·
Registered
2016 690 Duke
93 Posts
No stress ! So i built mine myself out of boredom i have never built a tubro anything before so it has been fun learning !
Well darn! That's super cool you built it. I love that you even did a little intercooler.

Do you happen to have a build thread or anything like that? Care to share specs, parts and where you sourced them? I'm highly intrigued!

EDIT: I found your thread on supermotojunkie.com. Reading...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well darn! That's super cool you built it. I love that you even did a little intercooler.

Do you happen to have a build thread or anything like that? Care to share specs, parts and where you sourced them? I'm highly intrigued!

EDIT: I found your thread on supermotojunkie.com. Reading...
Thanks !!

I didnt do much for a build on supermotoJ i will put together something with more detail to share !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There was one for sale on the sunny coast a couple year back. If you had put this post up back then we may have been able to pick his brains.

I kept a picture of the bike as I was stirring up Cors187 with it.
**** i was late to the party !

All good after some research definitley need the plenum and just some trial and error. If the bike dies in the process it dies..😎

1 - 14 of 14 Posts