KTM Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st set of tyres. They have done 8000KM.

They looked a bit worn but OK when I left home. I only did 100km fooling about this morning and saw this when I got home.

It's coming off in chunks.

I have Supercorsa on my Street Triple. I like them a lot. No need for that much tyre on this bike (it would shred them anyway) but I might go up a step to the Rosso III.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Pro tip, after the steel belts wear there's more rubber. When you see threads you have about 150 miles left. Ask me how I know.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
302 Posts
It's the price you pay for this much mechanical violence :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's the price you pay for this much mechanical violence :ROFLMAO:
sure... not complaining at all. :) A little surprised at how quickly they died in the end.

·
Registered
972 Posts
the rossi 3 was done in 2000 miles on mine . the angel gt was a little better not looking like your pic til 2500 miles

·
Registered
972 Posts
As fugly as the pr 5 is for aggressive road riding I can get nearly 5000 miles from a set.

·
Registered
2019 SDGT White
223 Posts
Changed my rear oem with cords showing at 4300 mi (7000km), I put on a new Pirelli Angel GT (non D spec). At 7900 mi (12700km) the oem front was bald so I replaced the set with Bridgstone S22's. I don't expect the stones to last as long as the oem hoops, but figured they'll work well for cooler fall/spring riding, then I plan to replace the sportier S22's with a harder st type tire for the bulk of next years season, perhaps Bridgstone T-31's. I really don't expect more than 5,000 miles(8000km) out of ANY rear tire I put on this Beast.....given my riding habits and region I do most of my riding in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I took these off at 1,500 miles. I have S22s on now, absolutely love them. The AGTs wear slightly better than S22s but the price difference doesn’t justify it.

18698762-92CD-4380-9816-AFF6B2BC5023.jpeg

·
Registered
'16 SDGT, et al
405 Posts
Don't know for sure, but I'm betting that center stripe is the thinnest part of the tire carcass when new. No wonder it wears away so fast.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I remember the Anget ST's being no better. They went from being in seemingly ok condition to showing cords during a single ride. I along with other locals certainly had no desire to purchase a second set.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts