KTM Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been looking at a few used SDRs, and found a 2019 for a good price and includes a few mods (akra evo, flash, track and performance packs). Only concern is there looks to be some oil residue on the bottom of the engine. Not sure if it’s from the first service, chain lube, or actual small oil weep from a seal or gasket. Bike needs a good cleaning but has less than 2k miles. Seller seems like a good guy and hasn’t noticed any drips under the bike. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
391 Posts
Smitty75~ Having just cleaned my Beast and from the pics, that black area looks like normal road grime, tar, dirt, etc.. I'm sure other SDR owners will chime in as they probably have/had the same stuff. That said, if the seller has original maintenance records, OEM parts and not a jack-a$$, you probably found your new ride.

·
Registered
321 Posts
That oil residue is probably from an oil change, the filter screens and oil filter are right above that area. 2nd pic might be from the valve cover gasket, hard to tell.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That oil residue is probably from an oil change, the filter screens and oil filter are right above that area. 2nd pic might be from the valve cover gasket, hard to tell.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
That’s kinda what I was thinking. Just never had any kind of residue on my 16, but I kept it pristine.

·
Registered
321 Posts
just by looking at those pics, it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. Is the seller amenable to test rides?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just by looking at those pics, it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. Is the seller amenable to test rides?
Yeah, long drive though if it didnt pan out. Otherwise I’d go check it out. I’ve got another one in the loop I just found, 2018 with 1k miles (Rottweiler stage 4, PowerParts triple clamps, carbon fenders, new wave rotors) and Pics are about as clean as a bike gets. Just like the 19 colors lol. The 18 is the grey/white.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'll agree that if you get a good vibe from the seller, that it's likely just from a service. I love my 19' FWIW, and would not even consider trading it for another.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts