KTM Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the performance mode I recently selected throttle response: track. I keep the electronic safety controls on and I have wheelspin set to 8. Previously I was using sport for throttle response.

Really happy with the way the bike/throttle works on track mode. Im talking about just riding on the street....have never tracked a bike. It feels much more responsive to me and the throttle is much smoother. I think in particular what I like is that it seems like there's a lot less engine braking which for me just makes me much smoother on and off the gas.

Curious as to what you guys experience. My current plan is to leave it this way all the time feels fantastic and makes me smile stupidly.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Yes I agree the throttle response seems smoother. I could be wrong but my buttcheeks tell me in sport mode, there is a certain rev number where the engine suddenly comes alive and barrels forward, and before that it's a lot calmer. The transition is a bit abrupt when you are on... let's say, a spirited handful, and makes the bike prone to wheelie at this specific spot.

I've ridden track with both the sport and track mode and my findings in that environment is mainly that sport mode has a tiny but noticeable delay between twisting your right hand and the bike responding. In track mode, the response is instant and I have a feeling the power delivery is smoothed out, it's full power at every throttle position and the bike is a bit less prone to wheelie.

·
Registered
19’ SDR
173 Posts
I use that mode full time for both street/track and love it! That engine braking drives me nuts as well and I had a hard time adjusting to it when I bought the bike. I feel far less engine braking in "Track" mode for sure ,and it's even smoother removing the stock muffler with an aftermarket pipe. Now, if I could see temp and time displayed while in that mode I'd be alright.;)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I haven't even tried track throttle yet as I've gotten pretty good at feathering the sport throttle setting. Are you using the full akra with the map?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts