KTM Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 980 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
No Honda, No Kawasaki :nono: and the Harley's are in their own shop around the corner thankfully :yes: there used to be Ducati as well. We have some classic Xerox 1098's as well but damn they is expensive for 2nd hand bikes. Sadly we also have CFMoto :death:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Steering maintenance

Last Sunday, I dismantled the steering column as i've been hearing an annoying and so far unfindable buzz as from 4,000rpm. I guessed the bearings might be dry. They weren't exactly dry but there wasn't a lot of grease left in them either...replenished both to and bottom bearings with fresh grease but couldn't try it out as it started raining and i hate getting my stallion dirty :batman: Will edit in feedback as soon as the weather improves...

Got out for a ride this afternoon and I can confirm my 4,000 rpm buzz was due to bearings beginning to dry out. For my 2010 Duke that's about 3 years down the line, so this should certainly be added to the 2 year maintenance schedule. I'm now wondering in what state my other bearings and are... 2010 manual says 'Lubricate the linkage of the rear wheel suspension' every 30,000 km or every 4 years. Perhaps like the steering column this should be done every 2 years to keep it clean and full of grease...

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
In regards to Reshad's post, depending on the k's your doing but the bearings should be serviced every 12 months.

·
Registered
426 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
If your doing 20,000k a year yeah its a good idea to service them reguarly. Your head stock and swingarm bearings cop alot of use and abuse. We spend alot of money on oils and bolt on parts but rarely pay a visit to the local bearing shop, I can include myself in that comment ;)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
:huh: your missing a bolt!
Whats with the filter in the last pic?
Haha sure am..I have to repair that hole the threads got pulled out by the bolt so I have to re thread it.

It's a crankcase breather filter. After and if you remove the air/oil seperator can you'll have to mount one of these for the crankcase.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Since Ive never posted to this. Ill list what I did the past two months since I got the bike a couple months ago.
Airbox
Lumpy Cam
Akrapovic Slip-on
Fresco De-cat
Akrapovic map
Rear Seat Delete
KTM Exhaust hanger
Evotek tail tidy
Powder Coated the subframe White
and of course... the Clear airbox cover.

Belly pan and rear-sets coming soon!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
What I did with my Duke today.

I put on my pink skirt and turned the throttle map to the Girl's setting.

I used to ride the throttle map on the mid setting but I am sick to death of riding the clutch. I actually prefer the soft setting.

*waits for man-bits to shrink*

PS. Nice skiddie Schnellie

·
Registered
426 Posts
What I did with my Duke today.

I put on my pink skirt and turned the throttle map to the Girl's setting.

I used to ride the throttle map on the mid setting but I am sick to death of riding the clutch. I actually prefer the soft setting.

*waits for man-bits to shrink*
If KTM hadn't been so sucky locking the Duke 4 ECU, you could have tailor-made a EPT map in TuneECU...pink with frills down in the low throttle position, rising quickly and steeply between 40% and 100%. I guess you could call that map a "Girlie-with-Big-Balls" :D

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I reckon THAT is what the chic throttle map is like Reshie - zackly like you say.

At about 30% throttle (or wotever) everything goes all Mojo. I am really enjoying the chic setting.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Since Ive never posted to this. Ill list what I did the past two months since I got the bike a couple months ago.
Airbox
Lumpy Cam
Akrapovic Slip-on
Fresco De-cat
Akrapovic map
Rear Seat Delete
KTM Exhaust hanger
Evotek tail tidy
Powder Coated the subframe White
and of course... the Clear airbox cover.

Belly pan and rear-sets coming soon!!
Looks good! I just got mine about a month ago and have a similar list growing.
:thumbup1:

41 - 60 of 980 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
979 Replies
97 Participants
off-road-biker
KTM Forums
KTM Forums is the forum community for dirt bike motorcycle enthusiasts covering the KTM Duke, Sport minicycles, Off-road bikes, KTM 1190 RC8 and all KTM Motorcycles.
Full Forum Listing