KTM Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
961 - 980 of 980 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
Trans was feeling notchy so did a complete oil and filter change. Cleaned out screens too. Didn't find anything funky so refilled and put 70 miles on it. Felt great.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Installed the engine/crash guards last night!

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Bike should come with those. Looks killer and saves radiator.
The only thing Im a little "meh" about is the weight. Not the total weight of the bars themselves, but the way the front feels a tad bit heavier. It does feel much more grounded around corners and I like that the weight is centered more over the front-middle of the bike, but it changes the cornering. Not bad, just something new to get used to is all.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Installed new front tire on my Duke yesterday for it's new owner that's picking it up today.
Also getting rid of my DR350S in near future.

Will be getting a new dual sport bike, probably a DRZ400S Suzuki.

Thanks for all the advice.
Adios amigos.

oldtimer's gone back to focusing on dual sport riding.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
Bike should come with those. Looks killer and saves radiator.
The only thing Im a little "meh" about is the weight. Not the total weight of the bars themselves, but the way the front feels a tad bit heavier. It does feel much more grounded around corners and I like that the weight is centered more over the front-middle of the bike, but it changes the cornering. Not bad, just something new to get used to is all.

That makes sence. I had mine put on during dealer prep so I never felt the bike without them.

·
Administrator
14,818 Posts
oldtimer at least get a 690 Enduro....:)

Good luck if you we don't cross virtual paths again.:001_unsure:

·
Registered
85 Posts
oldtimer at least get a 690 Enduro....:)

Good luck if you we don't cross virtual paths again.:001_unsure:

Hoping to do several western rides in the Arizona/Nevada region this fall.

As to owning another KTM product, I don't see that in my future. ;)

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Installed new front tire on my Duke yesterday for it's new owner that's picking it up today.
Also getting rid of my DR350S in near future.

Will be getting a new dual sport bike, probably a DRZ400S Suzuki.

Thanks for all the advice.
Adios amigos.

oldtimer's gone back to focusing on dual sport riding.
Seems were like spirits couple years apart Old-timer! My DR350s I picked up for 125$ from a farmer who couldn't figure out what a carb was lol Found a bunch of random parts at Bent Bike in Seattle and made this goofy thumper contraption!:yes:

·
Registered
82 Posts
1) replaced camshaft at dealer to EVO/racing
2) dealer said there is new "updated" akra map, but he does not know what have changed actually. From what I remember my original akra was put last year, said "OK to update".
3) replaced chain and all sprockets. Rear got +2 (i.e. 16/42 now). Orange chain and rear sprocket (decided to go full aluminium on sprocket).

What I have noticed after short traffic trip (start/stop at lights):
1) at low RPM or when just starting engine sound is a bit deeper IMO. more vibrations for some reason at 4-5k. but that might be on cold engine.
2) at 3k RPM there is smaller pull now, does not jump there anymore or stutters. Feels much more smooth. But then at 4k or higher power returns. I guess this to make low RPM driving more pleasant? I like it. Do not know what changed it, cam or updated akra map or sprockets, or all of them. :)

961 - 980 of 980 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
979 Replies
97 Participants
off-road-biker
KTM Forums
KTM Forums is the forum community for dirt bike motorcycle enthusiasts covering the KTM Duke, Sport minicycles, Off-road bikes, KTM 1190 RC8 and all KTM Motorcycles.
Full Forum Listing