KTM Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was coming back from Daytona and decided to leave the throttle on full for a bit . I got to 145 and that was it I had no more it even backed down and stayed at 144 MPH. I was told by my dyno guy the bike would do 156 . I think he forgot I weigh 340.What is your top speed . I am also interested in speaking with anyone who has drag raced the KTM.

·
Registered
165 Posts
My 2017 SDGT stock gearing with DE-CAT PCV and AT 300 will red line top gear at 163mph at an elevation of 3,700 feet

·
Registered
234 Posts
Fastest I've done so far... 140 something at an on-ramp to the highway and at the end of the main straight at a trackday.

I weigh 176lbs and it can probably do 170mph if I fold up my long arms and legs properly.

Decat pipe, K&N filter, Akra map, stock gearing.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I had my SDGT just over 150 (indicated) several times, before backing off.
It still had more left but I was running out of room (good excuse huh).

Took my MT10 up to 150 (indicated) and the difference in wind blast is very noticeable.
Large gas tank and screen up definitely helps over a pure naked.

Although IMO adding adrenaline blocks more wind sensation out.
The more exciting the situation, the less you notice the wind.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've been about 155 or so a few times. I'm a lightweight at 320 pounds, lol. It gets there pretty quick too.

·
Registered
77 Posts
No fun over 200 km/h... just too much wind. I prefer the riding between 200 - 300 km/day :) and playing in the mountains... Regards!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Perhaps it's time the US moved from the dark ages? Metric is far less confusing.
Really a good point... why work in inches, pounds, miles when metric (digital) is so easy to use and work with. Why use "gallons" and not litres? Then to be more confusing there are different units of gallons... But let us not go down this road... we may end up asking why drive on the wrong side of the road? I tried it here and it is very dangerous!!! :D:D

·
Registered
165 Posts
Really a good point... why work in inches, pounds, miles when metric (digital) is so easy to use and work with. Why use "gallons" and not litres? Then to be more confusing there are different units of gallons... But let us not go down this road... we may end up asking why drive on the wrong side of the road? I tried it here and it is very dangerous!!! :D:D
Probably the same reason we have big thirsty V8 engines and not turbo 4's ?

·
Registered
122 Posts
And then there are US gallons and Imp Gallons which are .83 of US gallons. just sayin... In aviation we work in pounds of fuel... simple... O wait... Airbus manual has KG.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You obviously are not American and come from a metric country . I have a machine shop in my garage and although I can do metric measurement I prefer British Standard. Metric conversion in the US was just mechanics spending more money on more wrenches .To be honest we are supposed to be a metric country as president Ford signed the Metric Conversion Act of 1976. But it only partly took hold in industry. So you need a 10 mmm to work on your Chevy as well as a 1/2 inch. More confusion.

·
Registered
77 Posts
You obviously are not American and come from a metric country . I have a machine shop in my garage and although I can do metric measurement I prefer British Standard. Metric conversion in the US was just mechanics spending more money on more wrenches .To be honest we are supposed to be a metric country as president Ford signed the Metric Conversion Act of 1976. But it only partly took hold in industry. So you need a 10 mmm to work on your Chevy as well as a 1/2 inch. More confusion.
Makes sense!! Regards!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts