1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 SDR
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across someone locally selling a set of
OZ SDR wheels claiming “sbk limited edition 150 pcs worldwide”

Does anyone know anything about these wheels? He claims they are forged magnesium….

·
Registered
18 SDR
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found OZ offers or did offer forged aluminum and magnesium wheels …haven’t found anything on limited sbk KTM SDR wheels yet..

·
Registered
499 Posts
This is what I found with a quick search. Superduke wheels by OZ are similar looking, but not exactly the same. While some Ducati's have a single sided swingarm (and perhaps the same size wheel axis and nut), would you really take the risk of shelling out $2000 in the hopes that they fit a Superduke?

Also, OZ does feature some SBK replica wheels, but none for a KTM.

Doesn't sound like a scam, but I can't find anything to back up the claim they'll fit an SDR.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Per the website they are only for Ducati and BMW but they do have the Piega and Gass wheels
for 1290 SDR's.

This is from another Thread on Lightweight wheels you could contact them.

So if anyone else is looking for OZ wheels contact Essexmotoparts.com and the part numbers are listed here above. Just thought I would share the information if others are looking. The communication with Barry and others at Essexmotoparts has been very good in a day and age where it can be hard to find good communication.

·
Registered
18 SDR
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are some more pictures - seems to be #94 out of 150

And this marking has a “2011” code which if the year….before SDR was released? So likely Ducati wheels ….the other anomaly is that the “Al” means aluminum not magnesium- those have “Mg”.

·
Registered
18 SDR
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And if I was to guess….these have been painted or powder coated - I would thought forged aluminum wheels would be anodized…

1 - 7 of 7 Posts