KTM Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the main flush screw on the 2021
1290???…. I know there’s the bleed screws on radiator and on cylinders,and on the older 1290’s they were on the bottom housing on the
Right side…..there is a torx bolt that seems to have a copper washer behind it, where, on the older bikes, that’s where the drain for the coolant
I just want to confirm this, but all the YouTube
Vids show the older 1290.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is this the Lower main bleeder for the radiator (right side as your sitting on bike, black torx bolt)?

Attachments

·
Registered
823 Posts
Get the workshop manual from the link I shared… there are no other bleed screws mentioned, from what I noticed. Bleed screws are to remove air, air goes up, so they are usually at high points.

drain plugs are at low points….

usually….

I don’t think any of those in your pictures are drain or bleed points for coolant.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, the 2nd gen had a drain screw on the lower right side of engine, which is where the larger radiator hose is attached, I don’t see a similar drain screw on the 3rd gen?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hammer, your just hanging around 😜

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The comealong with a chain over a double 2x12 ceiling joist seemed a lot safer than trying to jack it up and keep it on blocks while I bled the coolant. Bitch was hog-tied!
I use to do that when replacing wheels, but I used a harbor freight motor lift 😜

·
Registered
44 Posts
The drain screw is in shown in your first/left/1.4mb picture. It is the bottom screw to the water hose housing which is the screw nearest the top in your picture a little left of center. There is a bleed screw in each head and on top of the radiator, 3 total. Front wheel needs to be elevated 20 inches during bleeding. Would be best to look at the free online 2020 shop manual previously mentioned.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The drain screw is in shown in your first/left/1.4mb picture. It is the bottom screw to the water hose housing which is the screw nearest the top in your picture a little left of center. There is a bleed screw in each head and on top of the radiator, 3 total. Front wheel needs to be elevated 20 inches during bleeding. Would be best to look at the free online 2020 shop manual previously mentioned.
superduke, got it, that lower bolt that u mentioned, I was always assuming that was it, just as gen 2, but I didn’t see the copper sealing washer behind it,as the gen 2 had. Thx

1 - 13 of 13 Posts