KTM Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wouldn't go anything less than a 390.

Why are you yelling at us or just excited for the 200!!?? JK ;)
I ALWAYS WRITE IN CAPS...ITS A BAD HABIT...LOL...WE ORDERED A FEW TO CARRY IN THE STORE AND WANTED SOME FEED BACK SINCE I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO TEST RIDE ONE.

·
Super Moderator
725 Posts
I ALWAYS WRITE IN CAPS...ITS A BAD HABIT...LOL...WE ORDERED A FEW TO CARRY IN THE STORE AND WANTED SOME FEED BACK SINCE I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO TEST RIDE ONE.
Fair enough that makes sense then if you have some on order. This would be a first for N.America then? Believe they've had them in India for quite some time not sure about Europe or other parts of the world. I guess would be fun for a quick bomb around town bike.

·
Full Throttle
6,380 Posts
HAVE YOU RODE ONE? TOP SPEED? WAS IT A FUN BIKE?
Im 130kg... But the kids that prolific the roads with the 125 & 200... I get to see them regularly ride in and out etc.... Small riders seem to enjoy it more...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I rode it yesterday, it’s a glorified scooter. Hit sixth gear on the street before I hit 60 mph. That being said, I think it has its place, and the price is right I believe. It’s still got a better looking headlight than my 690 😅😩

·
Premium Member
2,518 Posts
Not sure 200cc street bike has a market in the US. Not a bike KTM shoppers would look for here in US. Looks like a girlfriend bike but not much more. 390 is fun bike and priced right.

18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I rode it yesterday, it’s a glorified scooter. Hit sixth gear on the street before I hit 60 mph. That being said, I think it has its place, and the price is right I believe. It’s still got a better looking headlight than my 690 😅😩
WHAT WAS THE TOP SPEED? LOL

·
Premium Member
2,518 Posts
I THINK THEY ARE GOING AFTER THE GROM SQUADS...AND METRO AREAS...WE ORDERED 2...SUPER CURIOUS TO SEE HOW THEY HANDLE
It's a KTM we know it's going to handle like a KTM. Brilliantly

·
Registered
8 Posts
I believe you’re right about about them battling against the grom gangs out there. We’ve had one for a week in the showroom, no interest as of yet, but I don’t think KTM has done much to market them. Oh well, while it’s not for me, it could be a great beginner bike with lots of decent components for the price. And it’s and inch shorter seat height than the 390

18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I FINALLY GOT TO RIDE ONE, DEFINITLEY A FUN FIRST BIKE OR SECOND OR EVEN THIRD BIKE. CORNERS WELL BUT NEEDS A PIPE AND TUNE TO BE SUPER FUN...

·
Registered
74 Posts
I FINALLY GOT TO RIDE ONE, DEFINITLEY A FUN FIRST BIKE OR SECOND OR EVEN THIRD BIKE. CORNERS WELL BUT NEEDS A PIPE AND TUNE TO BE SUPER FUN...
No need to yell haha. So compared to the 390 what do you think? Seems to me it makes sense to buy the 390 over this when you consider the little price difference....

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
THE 200 FITS AN INTERESTING PEG...I FEEL LIKE KTM IS GOING AFTER THE MINI-BIKES...GROM'S, MONKEY'S...ETC...ITS NOT REALLY A PERFORMANCE DRIVEN MACHINE BUT IT IS FUN AN ECONOMICAL ESPECIALLY FOR A FIRST TIME BUYER...DAD'S CAN PUT THEIR KIDS ON THIS BIKE...

·
Registered
74 Posts
THE 200 FITS AN INTERESTING PEG...I FEEL LIKE KTM IS GOING AFTER THE MINI-BIKES...GROM'S, MONKEY'S...ETC...ITS NOT REALLY A PERFORMANCE DRIVEN MACHINE BUT IT IS FUN AN ECONOMICAL ESPECIALLY FOR A FIRST TIME BUYER...DAD'S CAN PUT THEIR KIDS ON THIS BIKE...
Cool. I had a Grom and the novelty wore off pretty quick in any traffic at all.

I think sales of this bike will be minimal in North America. It's hard enough to get people on 500CC-sub bikes

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts