KTM Forums banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

Registered
I know this, owning just one motorcycle is a problem, for me one bike can never be the ultimate machine, wanting that bike to perform at the best level of performance in all categories from street to off-road is impossible, that鈥檚 why I own several different motorcycles. That being said my 2022 1290sar performance in most of these categories is dam awesome, as far as reliability, there has been several issues of failures for every motorcycle manufacturers more for some & less for others. So far my 1290sar has been trouble free for 6,000miles 馃挴馃憤馃憤馃憤馃憤
NICE!!

Registered
1290 R 1290 R adv
I get the most out of my bike ,with 2 sets of wheels....S&R wheels. Just did a road trip from Kelowna BC to PEI on the S wheels ,bagged up and was pulling off just shy of a thousand miles a day,also use the S wheels when I'm stuck for a track bike and need something to turn laps on.....boy it sure pisses the GSXR and R1 guys off when you take em on the outside of a turn on

a freekin DIRT BIKE :rolleyes:

Registered
I am only at about 2500 miles due to a right forearm injury that has kept me off the bike for a few weeks and of course insane work load and summer sports schedule for the kids. So, I don鈥檛 feel bad about 2500mi since April of this year. The only issue I have had is that stubborn coolant leak that no one can figure out how to fix under warranty. I go in in a few weeks to have them take it apart to 鈥榙iagnose鈥 and submit to KTM on a warranty claim and have proactively ordered a water pump housing to replace at my cost ($90 bucks), while they have it off and diagnose. A Tech in Canada said they have this as a known issue as well as in the UK, but the US they all say 鈥淚 don鈥檛 know, we need to have it in and diagnose鈥濃.so frustrating.
Other than that, zero reliability issues. As far as big bikes, I feel confident that the 鈥22 1290 SAR is THE only bike one would need. Now, I could argue for having smaller bikes, like a Norden 901 or a 890 or 690 with rally kit, but there is no reason I would need a BMW GS, HD PA, or Triumph or Ducati 1200鈥檌sh as there are just small electronic gizmo鈥檚 or ride set-up ergo鈥檚 that are the difference which should be evaluated prior to purchasing鈥.I would choose one of the big bikes and stick with it as I would find a favorite that I like to ride anyhow and the others would get little use. If you feel the need for a refresh, put on a graphix kit or add a new accessory and get that 鈥榥ew鈥 feeling.
I have honestly always had that 鈥榳anting鈥 feeling after purchasing a bike, I 鈥榳ant more power鈥, I 鈥榳ant better suspension鈥, I 鈥漺ant more features鈥濃..with the 1290 SAR the only think I 鈥榳ant鈥 is to ride it more鈥..first time I have been fully content with a bike purchase!

61 - 63 of 63 Posts