KTM Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The link for led's for our akra full exhaust are in another country so I'm hoping you guys can offer me some local options. I bought the exhaust today, currently have no idea when it's inbound, but i'd like to be ready. tia

·
Registered
633 Posts
Hammerhead~ He's asking about LED lights to go with the full Akra system on a '22 SDR to avoid the purchase of a magic box/running without indicators.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Never heard of that. What difference does an exhaust make on whether or not LEDs work? What difference do LEDs make on whether or not you can fit an exhaust? What does pulling the indicators do? Signed, Still Confused

·
Registered
633 Posts
Hammerhead~ On the newer SDR's if you install the full system with the Akra map (which is designed for race-only conditions), the standard turn signals will not allow the ECU to start the motorcycle. Hence, the question regarding LEDs to try and "trick" the computer into thinking they are not in use until after starting. Thus, maintaining road-legal capabilities with the addition of the exhaust/map combination.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Never in my life have I ever heard of turn signals being used for anything other than blinking much less as a fun killer for surreptitious mods. Whatever factory genius figured that dodge out must have spent a lot of time with his nose in a book. Same for whoever figured out wtf was going on.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Yeah I suspect you can blame the beurocrats in Europe… The flash for the Akra exhaust disables the bike if indicators are installed because the exhaust is designed for race track use only.

It sucks. But elegedly installing pure (no resistor) LED’s fools the ECU into thinking there are no indicators when there are.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess i'll ride to a local cycle gear and see what they recommend. If I find something local i'll post it.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Yeah I suspect you can blame the beurocrats in Europe… The flash for the Akra exhaust disables the bike if indicators are installed because the exhaust is designed for race track use only.

It sucks. But elegedly installing pure (no resistor) LED’s fools the ECU into thinking there are no indicators when there are.
What about a Blaster with integral blinkers? Pretty sure that's all-LED.

·
Registered
'19 1290 SDR
176 Posts

i haven't read this all... but figure if the answer is out there... It's prob in this loooong thread

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

i haven't read this all... but figure if the answer is out there... It's prob in this loooong thread
I'll see if they have a US distributor.
CG was an excuse for a ride, they know a lot about gear, led's not so much...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts