KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have the MRA windscreen on mine and it made a world of difference when riding on the freeway with a headwind. Don't know if they have one for the 2020 yet though.
I do as well, on a 2015. I've only had a couple rides with it so far, but it takes all the wind pressure off my torso. At 6'2" if I sit up the wind hits just below my helmet leaving it in clean air, and if I lay on the tank it goes over my helmet.

Great improvement on the highway. May have to wear a gaiter for the wind blast on my neck though?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looks awesome! What color option is it? Solid black?

Skickat från min SM-G986B via Tapatalk
It is the dark tint. The screen is not really tall enough for me to look through when in a full tuck - my eyes are still above the top edge (the top of the screen is only 2” above the top of the dash).

@DaveNZ can chime in, but from the pictures it looks like the S2 Concepts screen is a bit higher (but less upright than the Powerbronze).

Here is a view from the tank:

·
Registered
2020 KTM Superduke r
247 Posts
I bought the touring screen for a Duke 790 and I'm going to make a bracket to fit it to the fly screen mounts, I had a 790 previously with that screen and thought it was quite effective. Will work on it when I get my bike back from the dealer.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I’ve also come across this Puig one that seems to work well in Clear

And this is their air protection simulation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
331 Posts
What's it for?

It picks up cops speed detectors(radars) and sends a warning to speakers in my helmet via bluetooth on my Sena unit. Saves speeding tickets, well gives you an early warning.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
It picks up cops speed detectors(radars) and sends a warning to speakers in my helmet via bluetooth on my Sena unit. Saves speeding tickets, well gives you an early warning.
Sounds like a good thing to have!

·
Registered
18 SDR
1,723 Posts
I’m chiming in late but will give you my perspective on my experience with my Gen 2 SDR and the puig windscreen.

I had high expectations as Puig put out the wind tunnel simulation specific to my bike (like the one for the 2020 posted) arguably marketing hype but they have at least done some diligence. I wasn’t crazy about the looks but it did make a difference with the wind blast on my chest however it did introduce some turbulence under my helmet (noise not movement). I rode with it for a while then removed it for a few days - the airflow to the helmet was cleaner but I had to make a 1 hour high speed run back home and that convinced me to put it back on as it makes a huge difference at speed to soften the blast on the chest (for me anyway). The other nice improvement I noticed was when I swapped the OEM mirrors for the CRG ones from Rottweiler- it reduced the turbulence under the helmet.

Just like the Covid Vaccine, Everyone’s experience/perspective will be different however just start trying what you feel will best meet your requirements- tweak it as you go.

some pics of my set up - not the best looking but function trumps aesthetics for me.....the added benefit I’ve noticed that I seem invisibile to the local constabulary with this ugly windscreen (and luggage). I should have been pulled over many times for the completely non compliant NRC rear plate mount + Speeding.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I’m chiming in late but will give you my perspective on my experience with my Gen 2 SDR and the puig windscreen.

I had high expectations as Puig put out the wind tunnel simulation specific to my bike (like the one for the 2020 posted) arguably marketing hype but they have at least done some diligence. I wasn’t crazy about the looks but it did make a difference with the wind blast on my chest however it did introduce some turbulence under my helmet (noise not movement). I rode with it for a while then removed it for a few days - the airflow to the helmet was cleaner but I had to make a 1 hour high speed run back home and that convinced me to put it back on as it makes a huge difference at speed to soften the blast on the chest (for me anyway). The other nice improvement I noticed was when I swapped the OEM mirrors for the CRG ones from Rottweiler- it reduced the turbulence under the helmet.

Just like the Covid Vaccine, Everyone’s experience/perspective will be different however just start trying what you feel will best meet your requirements- tweak it as you go.

some pics of my set up - not the best looking but function trumps aesthetics for me.....the added benefit I’ve noticed that I seem invisibile to the local constabulary with this ugly windscreen (and luggage). I should have been pulled over many times for the completely non compliant NRC rear plate mount + Speeding.

View attachment 101530

View attachment 101531
Thanks for the detailed feedback!

How tall are you?

I’m considering the shorter sport version in clear for slightly better looks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 SDR
1,723 Posts
Thanks for the detailed feedback!

How tall are you?