KTM Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
1290 R 1290 R adv
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in late August of 22 I purchased this wreck from the insurance co 22EVO bet frame,bent wheel and a trashed rad, and it only had 707 Kms on the clock. Paid about 6K cdn for it. Forks were twisted in the triple tree , but no real damage other that what was mentioned above. Ordered a new frame in Sept and got it in late December,.****e thing was I just bought a 2016 SDR in early August to use as a track bike . At 62 yrs old I'm kind of getting tired of crouching behind a full on superbike's fairings anyway ,so a nakid was a no brain'r . I had a "First gen" 990 SD back in 07 and loved it.......little down on power, but made up for it in the twisty bits.

Back to this wreck, so far I've replaced the frame,put a new wheel and rad in it, thrown some money out the window for carbon bits (front fender, rear fender,solo cap, instrument cover) and a belly-pan. Put a full Akro system on, bumped up the rear ride height by 20mm over stock. And I did all the crap that comes with fitting the Akro system .Probably be another two months before I see the carbon bits back from the painter, but I'm pretty happy with it so far.

· Registered
SDR EVO, 701 SM, 900RP, GROM, SURRON X
57 Posts
What a steal, what do you think you are into it now? I just got my evo last summer and out the door, with the exhaust puts me around 26/27! I bet you are around 11-12? Great job saving it and bringing it back to life. 700km - not even broken in yet!

· Registered
37 Posts
What a steal, what do you think you are into it now? I just got my evo last summer and out the door, with the exhaust puts me around 26/27! I bet you are around 11-12? Great job saving it and bringing it back to life. 700km - not even broken in yet!
Agreed - solid score for sure but as it sits with the mods he's mentioned alone he's already at over $14K I'm guessing...

Rotors, signals, front wheel, carbon bits, belly pan, radiator, tank shroud... then add $4500ish CDN for the Akra -adds up quick.

· Registered
676 Posts
That is awesome. I love wrenching on mine might do that if I have the itch for a other bike. What a steal.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

· Registered
1290 R 1290 R adv
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks great! Did you have to replace the forks?
So in late August of 22 I purchased this wreck from the insurance co 22EVO bet frame,bent wheel and a trashed rad, and it only had 707 Kms on the clock. Paid about 6K cdn for it. Forks were twisted in the triple tree , but no real damage other that what was mentioned above.

· Registered
1290 R 1290 R adv
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes it was a good deal I must say. I also got a 2020 SDR out of Edmonton with even less Kms (588) for $2K plus bid fee and tax $700 needs a bit more work than mine, got wheelie'd over backwards and needed a tank , sub frame, and all the plastic under the sub frame and a headlight.and key fob . Building that one for a buddy for street/track as well.

· Registered
SDR EVO, 701 SM, 900RP, GROM, SURRON X
57 Posts
Get the swing arm protection, thats what I put on mine. I believer it will cover that area up.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts