KTM Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's KTM of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new to this forum but just thought I'd post this as I just fixed my leaky 2003 KTM 125 forks model no. 1418x725 They were leaking out of the compression adjustment screw located at the bottom of the fork. In my case both were leaking. Here are the steps I used.
1. remove leaking fork/forks
2. Mount in soft vice or vice with rag
3. Remove 19mm nut break with impact first then remove by hand
4. Inspect two large o rings
5. Use small rotary tool like a Dremel to cut a small slot on the 19mm nut
6. Use a pick tool to remove circlip holding adjustment screw (the slot is required to remove the circlip)
7. Use needle nose pliers to remove screw be careful as a spring and to tiny balls will shoot out.
8. Replace o ring size is 8x2 harbor freight sells a metric kit which includes this size
9. Installation is reverse of removal

O ring is number 76 on diagram

·
Premium Member
3,238 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Great tip. Always happy when the story ends well. Most of my shop time is spent breaking stuff and searching workshop floor for dropped parts. I'm also a big fan of Harbor Freight. We save a buck where we can these days. Be sure to post back often. Most of us owners of older machines learn a few tricks of the trade to keep them running. Glad you shared your tricks here. Best regards

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for sharing. Great tip. Always happy when the story ends well. Most of my shop time is spent breaking stuff and searching workshop floor for dropped parts. I'm also a big fan of Harbor Freight. We save a buck where we can these days. Be sure to post back often. Most of us owners of older machines learn a few tricks of the trade to keep them running. Glad you shared your tricks here. Best regards
Haha no doubt :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts