KTM Forums banner

121 - 140 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
KTM 1290 Super Duke R
28 Posts
Thank you
So I was too lazy making a work-around for the turn signals so I reached out to kmanou and bought one from him. It only took about 10 minutes to install. Works great. Thanks Man! Heres some pics of the install:

Step 1: T in the rear turn signals at the tail end. It's just the 1 bigger plug that goes to the signals and plate light.
View attachment 98356

Step 2: Remove the fairings and route the cable through the right side of the bike.
View attachment 98357
Step 3: T in the right side turn signal
View attachment 98358
Step 4: Route the remaining cable to the left side. I routed mine behind the ignition lock.
Step 5: T in the left side turn signal, zip ties any loose wires and reinstall fairings!
View attachment 98359

Step 6: Ride bike and obey the law by using your turn signals!
Big Thanks to PBrad for sharing his experience with Magic-box much appreciated

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks @kmanou

..........Heres some pics of the install:

Step 1: T in the rear turn signals at the tail end. It's just the 1 bigger plug that goes to the signals and plate light.........
Great post......whats the knack to getting the tank side panels off? Two obvious screws in the side, one on the underside by the radiator....but I can't shift it 🤔

·
Registered
20 SDR Orange
130 Posts
I tried calling KTM a few times and no one answers the phone and invites to leave a msg. Ive left a msg and also emailed them. I wonder if I'll have to call another dealer that will find the map and install it..
Akro response supporting the KTM dealer. Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
KTM's hands are tied due to EU legislation (such as the Euro5 emissions legislation) and technically whilst the full Power Parts exhaust bears the Akrapovic name and is manufactured by them it is essentially a KTM product and I am sure that the agreements/contracts between them, not to mention the huge amount of business KTM give Akrapovic, basically means Akrapovic do what KTM says.
Frustrating!.....

·
Registered
20 SDR Orange
130 Posts
KTM's hands are tied due to EU legislation (such as the Euro5 emissions legislation) and technically whilst the full Power Parts exhaust bears the Akrapovic name and is manufactured by them it is essentially a KTM product and I am sure that the agreements/contracts between them, not to mention the huge amount of business KTM give Akrapovic, basically means Akrapovic do what KTM says.
Frustrating!.....
I wonder how KTM plans to sell the exhausts with no map that can't be run properly.

·
Registered
82 Posts
PBrad, how are you liking the full exhaust?
It's amazing! Sounds awesome, on the loud side though. The map really gives it a lot of extra mid range power. It consumes quite a bit more fuel now, and cruising at low speeds is a bit rough, but really gives it character.

I am able to power wheelie in 4th now fairly easily. Just load the front end a bit by letter of the gas at 8k rpm, when it hits 7k just crack it open and she comes right up... I'm 275lbs too.

·
Registered
18 SDR
1,584 Posts
Hey tkbraaps - The powerposrtswebsite sates “The akrapovic-kit, Evolution line can only be used in combination with THE specific engine mapping.........”

KTM would not have released this exhaust with out having a map developed.

Have you tried KTM usa?

·
Registered
20 SDR Orange
130 Posts
Hey tkbraaps - The powerposrtswebsite sates “The akrapovic-kit, Evolution line can only be used in combination with THE specific engine mapping.........”

KTM would not have released this exhaust with out having a map developed.

Have you tried KTM usa?
I only have left a msg and emailed KTM Canada as the dealer deals with them.

·
Registered
20 SDR Orange
130 Posts
They're counting on the initiative of the likes of @kmanou producing workarounds ;-)
What choice have they, legislation has their hands tied.
Akro has now advised as expected: Mapping was developed by KTM and is supplied with the "ECU".

It makes sense that KTM has the map that the dealer claims KTM is telling the dealer doesn't exist.

·
Registered
18 SDR
1,584 Posts
The map is free however they will charge you labour to flash your ECU.

Not sure what your plan is but I installed the exhaust myself (previous bike) and just took it to the dealer for the map install - I believe they charged me 1 hour of labour. I also made them document on the work order the exact name of the map they installed.

Where are you getting the exhaust from?

·
Registered
20 SDR Orange
130 Posts
The map is free however they will charge you labour to flash your ECU.

Not sure what your plan is but I installed the exhaust myself (previous bike) and just took it to the dealer for the map install - I believe they charged me 1 hour of labour. I also made them document on the work order the exact name of the map they installed.

Where are you getting the exhaust from?
The dealer just called me. Now they claim the map is not for street use and claimed they would install it for me. He also said because its not for street use the dealer would want me to sign some sort of waiver. I'v had enough with them. Screwed because i have my first service schedule there soon and its 20 min from where i live.

·
Registered
KTM 1290 Super Duke R
28 Posts
i really dont understand why all this frustration happening with the clueless dealers i thot Greece (i am from Greece) was behind every one in Europe or USA but seems that dealer's in KTM Greece know exactly what to do i ordered my full exchust with my bike and i got it 28 February it was the first bike sold in Greece the exhaust wasn't available at the time one month l8r they call me and ask me if i can go with the bike for installation after 3 hours of working on my bike they simply connect the bike with the KTM service tablet, authenticate the bike and the exhaust installation (again i would like to mention that it was the first bike the first exhaust installed in Greece) map downloaded and installed directly to the bike everything was reset in bike settings and started with no errors i paid 2600€ that was the catalog price of the exhaust including installation and map . i cant believe the dealers say there is no map sign papers or anything else i read i start believe they are idiots. alsonifbdwaler cant do it ask him to call ktm support assistant to install the map remotly :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
It's amazing! Sounds awesome, on the loud side though. The map really gives it a lot of extra mid range power. It consumes quite a bit more fuel now, and cruising at low speeds is a bit rough, but really gives it character.

I am able to power wheelie in 4th now fairly easily. Just load the front end a bit by letter of the gas at 8k rpm, when it hits 7k just crack it open and she comes right up... I'm 275lbs too.
I am hoping to do some weekend trips, do you think the exhaust is too loud for extended rides?

·
Registered
SDR 2020 Orange
20 Posts
I am hoping to do some weekend trips, do you think the exhaust is too loud for extended rides?
For extended trips I don’t think it will bother you, unless you want to talk with buddies, listen to music or make phone calls.

I feel it a bit loud just when riding narrow roads inside quiet cities/villages.

But when you want to enjoy the beast, it just put the bike on another level 😈

·
Registered
20 SDR Orange
130 Posts
For extended trips I don’t think it will bother you, unless you want to talk with buddies, listen to music or make phone calls.

I feel it a bit loud just when riding narrow roads inside quiet cities/villages.

But when you want to enjoy the beast, it just put the bike on another level 😈
I have map envy

121 - 140 of 155 Posts