KTM Forums banner

141 - 155 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's amazing! Sounds awesome, on the loud side though. The map really gives it a lot of extra mid range power. It consumes quite a bit more fuel now, and cruising at low speeds is a bit rough, but really gives it character.

I am able to power wheelie in 4th now fairly easily. Just load the front end a bit by letter of the gas at 8k rpm, when it hits 7k just crack it open and she comes right up... I'm 275lbs too.
I bought a SC slip on for now..........but statements like this...........you are killing me haha........jealous one day I will have that exhaust and uncork this thing! Thanks for all the pictures and write ups it is appreciated!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Apparently that's exactly what Richard Austin has done with his SDR....no idea how he wangled that, maybe had the Akra fitted initially. It's not like a bit of software you can share around on a USB stick....bike has to be plugged into KTM diagnostic system, and map uploaded from KTM HQ after bike ID and request validity checks.

·
Registered
20 SDR Orange
130 Posts
I bought a SC slip on for now..........but statements like this...........you are killing me haha........jealous one day I will have that exhaust and uncork this thing! Thanks for all the pictures and write ups it is appreciated!
The map thing is wearing me down. May just get a slip on as well. I'm experiencing KTM ownership

·
Registered
KTM 1290 Super Duke R
28 Posts
The map thing is wearing me down. May just get a slip on as well. I'm experiencing KTM ownership
you don't have to worry about the map it works great I have made 4,000 km with the full exchust and the sound smooths out after 3000km :)

·
Registered
20 SDR Orange
130 Posts
you don't have to worry about the map it works great I have made 4,000 km with the full exchust and the sound smooths out after 3000km :)
I can’t find a dealer that will install the map for me without having to sign a waiver I think to void my warranty. I’m sure the map works great of someone who can get the map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 SDR Orange
130 Posts
Has anyone living in Ontario, Canada had the full Akro EVO successfully installed with a map by a dealer anywhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
That is kinda where I was at..........I have the SC Project S1 slip on and it sounds really good. It comes corked up with a db killer installed and the bike was really quite that way not much more bark than stock. I removed that db insert and it sounds really good.......not obnoxious but way more throaty...........some day I will dive into the full exhaust for the bike, but for now the bike sounds good looks better than the stock suitcase muffler and still has all its manners throughout the rev range.

·
Registered
183 Posts
That is kinda where I was at..........I have the SC Project S1 slip on and it sounds really good. It comes corked up with a db killer installed and the bike was really quite that way not much more bark than stock. I removed that db insert and it sounds really good.......not obnoxious but way more throaty...........some day I will dive into the full exhaust for the bike, but for now the bike sounds good looks better than the stock suitcase muffler and still has all its manners throughout the rev range.
I got a slip on also Dave, with the db insert in, it was about as loud as the stock muffler, i removed the baffle, much nicer deeper sound. it has a 38mm opening, i filled it out to 42mm, (it had a lip) thats a 20% increase, and it let out marginally more sound. Im happy with where its at now.

141 - 155 of 155 Posts