KTM Forums banner
121 - 140 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
05 Duc 999R, 21 KTM Adventure R, 2020 Super Duke GT
220 Posts
which bike is your fav?

Ordered the same without knowing this from your post and it fits perfect.

Also bought the duoseat cover and that is certainly not inferior to the power parts part. At least this is still sprayed gloss black and not gloss black plastic like the power parts part. I immediately scratched it and eventually sprayed it matte black. I now have a spare for only 28€ shipped, that is 1/5 of the PP price and the build quility is even better.

This is the rack, the cover is the PP part that I sprayed matte black, I will mount a SW Motech quick release tankring on the rack.
View attachment 107915

View attachment 107916

·
Registered
2021 Superduke 1290R
204 Posts
which bike is your fav?
Difficult question because they are all so different, let me answer it differently, suppose I could only keep 1 bike and I had to choose
.....this answer may surprise you....
then I would keep the Goldwing because which is very comfortable to ride. I ride it almost every day because I hate driving a car, so I ride a bike for 4 seasons,
only when there is real snow and ice then I take the car but if the distance allows it, I'd rather have my quad ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just returned from long w/e Eifel in Germany. Bike & luggage (Givi dry bag and Rokstraps) gave no problems, save that tail tidy maybe not such a great idea in rainy weather. Have installed Pyramid fender extenders in the meantime, see if that makes a difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Maybe slightly off-topic, but giving it a go. I recently saw someone with original KTM side cases and a tail tidy, but I didn't get the
chance to ask which tail tidy it was. Does anyone have an idea? Currently I have the Evotech tidy, but the indicators protrude too
much and hit the cases.

·
Registered
18 SDR
2,413 Posts
I did a small modification as o replaced my Shad SH33 with a SH34 “Carbon” - I gained 1liter in storage (that’s not why I did it) but I really like the carbon fiber finish which matched the Hepco & Becker side cases. Nice bonus was the shape is slightly sleeker and the back rest from the SH33 fit the new top case!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
My current project:

View attachment 109273

View attachment 109274

Fitting SD GT bags onto my SDR. Mocking up some brackets to get custom-made.
Looks great. But I would check load recommendations, especially carrying a passenger with the bags loaded. GT subframes are purposely made heavier-duty to carry the weight of a passenger plus luggage.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Looks great. But I would check load recommendations, especially carrying a passenger with the bags loaded. GT subframes are purposely made heavier-duty to carry the weight of a passenger plus luggage.
Thanks. Already considered. I don't carry a passenger with this bike, other than to take my kids for a quick spin. It can definitely support just side bags and a pillion bag.

The bags will be for commuting, running errands and touring. I wanted hard, latching/locking bags rather than zippered ones because around here everyone carries a pocket knife. The zippers on the OEM SDR bags would be no match for even the most basic knife.

Once these are done I'll finally be able to commute with this bike, and leave my helmet and jacket in the bags since there's otherwise no safe storage for them at my work (locker is too small).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Maybe slightly off-topic, but giving it a go. I recently saw someone with original KTM side cases and a tail tidy, but I didn't get the
chance to ask which tail tidy it was. Does anyone have an idea? Currently I have the Evotech tidy, but the indicators protrude too
much and hit the cases.
carbon tail tidy made man Stefan.
you have to use small indicators, depending on size of the license plate.

His email is: [email protected]

much and hit the cases.

121 - 140 of 173 Posts