KTM Forums banner

181 - 200 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
I think it's time I pay Rob a little visit. Rob, where in Holland are you? I'm in Nieuwegein.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks for posting that! I couldn’t translate on the video, What was the HP with the Akrapovic? How much more HP than stock?

·
Registered
203 Posts
It shows how well tuned a stock 2020 1290R is. Only small gains from the Acra over the rev range, and they end up making similar power. KTM Acra maps are known to run rich, so a freer breathing air filter may also help.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It also gains 5 HP at around 6k rpm, I’m getting the akra installed next week so I’m already committed, but I’d rather have midrange gains than all peak.

·
Registered
203 Posts
It also gains 5 HP at around 6k rpm, I’m getting the akra installed next week so I’m already committed, but I’d rather have midrange gains than all peak.
Weight saving also over the stock system, around 5-6000rpm is when the exhaust valve closes reducing sound, so removing that valve will also gives a small gain.

·
Registered
82 Posts
It shows how well tuned a stock 2020 1290R is. Only small gains from the Acra over the rev range, and they end up making similar power. KTM Acra maps are known to run rich, so a freer breathing air filter may also help.
No filter Included with the install kit for the 2020?.....I wonder why...there was with Gen1 & 2 Akra Evo's.

·
Registered
82 Posts
A freer flowing air filter will give small gains in power, peak power only or across the range?....and any affect on torque?

·
Registered
203 Posts
No filter Included with the install kit for the 2020?.....I wonder why...there was with Gen1 & 2 Akra Evo's.
Gen 1 and 2 had very small air boxes, so a common mod was to remove the lid and fit a Rottweiler filter system, the Gen 3 has a 2 litre larger air box and a ram air set up, so possibly theres no need to fit a freer breathing filter system as the stock works very well across the rev range. Time will tel as new mods become available for the Gen 3, but it looks like very modest gains from an exhaust system.

·
Registered
SDR 2020 Orange
26 Posts
Great video Thorny :)
My bike is like yours, can’t stay with both wheels on the road! 😂

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
Great video Thorny :)
My bike is like yours, can’t stay with both wheels on the road! 😂
Awesome. Thank you ! Agreed. I put lots and lots of miles on R Nine T, S1000R and Tuono and have Panigale V4S as my track bike, but this thing is just so damn good for the street, better than any naked bike I had before. I can’t think of a better bike for just riding , with no particular purpose in mind.

181 - 200 of 216 Posts