KTM Forums banner

1161 - 1180 of 1248 Posts

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,161
I have a 2012 690 Duke, GPR exhaust and just installed Kev's 02 mod. Delivery took 10 days to Russia. Installation was very easy, about 15 min and then 15 min reset. Amazing impressions after first ride. It's so smooth on low RPMs and bike became so friendly, especially after switch to Soft mode! Just cruising and relaxing! Now map-switching really makes sense. Hooligan at Advanced or nice guy at Soft.
Thanks for your feedback, I will keep making these 690 O2 controllers while there is still a demand.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The Booster plug will correct the AFR in the open loop that is the part of the mapping under acceleration quick throttle openings, my O2 controller corrects the AFR in the closed loop that is the part of the mapping at part or small throttle openings & when cruising.

Both mods should work fine together as they both map different areas of the bike mapping.
Thank you for confirming Kev!

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,166 (Edited)
Seems like the perfect time to ask Kev. How come you stopped making the 690 fueling mod? I remember hearing something about the connectors were hard to source or something?

There is no way to obtain one? I'll pay double! Seriously, how do I get one?

I stopped making them because there was no demand, the connectors are easily found I used to import them from the USA to Oz in batches of 50x at a time, in the last year of making them I only sold 6 x adjustable fuel mods for the whole year I used to sell over 100 x a year, hardly worth the trouble keeping stock for so few sales. The same will go for the O2 controller once the demand is gone I will just move onto the next mod & bike giving trouble.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Kev,

I have a 2017 Duke 690 with track pack and Fresco decat. The above reviews for the 2017 model seem to be a bit mixed, but overall positive. My bike is quite rough below 3500 rpms except during the first few hundred meters, is it possible that there is a kind of cold start enrichment mode? Anyway, I have hopes that your mod will fix it.

Could you please send me an invoice with shipping to Canada by PM?

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,168
Hi Kev,

I have a 2017 Duke 690 with track pack and Fresco decat. The above reviews for the 2017 model seem to be a bit mixed, but overall positive. My bike is quite rough below 3500 rpms except during the first few hundred meters, is it possible that there is a kind of cold start enrichment mode? Anyway, I have hopes that your mod will fix it.

Could you please send me an invoice with shipping to Canada by PM?
Have already replied to your question via PM. You can get my mods also off eBay: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/132692468912?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

Yes your bike will have cold start enrichment & will stay in the warm up faze enriched mixture to approx 66C coolant temp, after the 67C the closed loop will be turned on & will lean the part throttle AFR to around 14.7:1 @ 14.7;1 the bike is very lean & will run rough this is normal operation for these modern fuel injected motors, my O2 controller will correct the closed loop AFR to approx. 13.6:1 & will help your problem area 3500rpm at part throttles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just want to say that adding this O2 mod to my 2017 Duke 690 and ditching the catalyst for a Fresco decat pipe, while keeping the stock silencer has transformed my bike! Before these changes I had dropped one tooth on the front sprocket, but after the changes I went back to stock gearing. It is so much more responsive and precise that it does not need low gearing any longer. It sounds great too, super sharp, no popping on decel, as the mixture is PERFECT. Excellent item, so glad this forum introduced me to it.

El Caganer

Attachments

·
Dirt Wizard
3,746 Posts
I am very interested in getting one, not sure how to send you a PM but if you can email me I can give you the run the down of the bike and send you payment. [email protected] Thank you
I don't know if you got a hold of Kev. If you didn't, simply click on his user title, it will give you a few options, choose send a private message.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't know if you got a hold of Kev. If you didn't, simply click on his user title, it will give you a few options, choose send a private message.
I got mine off ebay. He is in Australia and I am in the UK. Have a search for "KTM 690 Duke 690 SMC-R SMC 690 Enduro O2 Controller Fuel Mod" There is one on ebay.co.uk

And it works lovely on my 2017 Duke 690. It makes the lower rev range smooth and usable. Thanks Kev !!!!!

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,174 (Edited)
I am very interested in getting one, not sure how to send you a PM but if you can email me I can give you the run the down of the bike and send you payment. [email protected] Thank you
I have them on eBay you can search KTM 690 Duke 690 SMC-R SMC 690 Enduro O2 Controller Fuel Mod or you can contact me vis PM, https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/KTM-690-Duke-690-SMC-R-SMC-690-Enduro-O2-Controller-Fuel-Mod/132802318250?epid=681774680&hash=item1eeba28faa:g:dF0AAOSwEUtZjm3E:rk:1:pf:0

·
Registered
6 Posts
If anyone has one of the O2 mods they want to get rid of I will buy a used one for a little cheaper. Kev I will PM you when I scrape together the money for a new one.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had one of the o2 mods on my XT660 and will get one for my Duke 690, but even though they aren't made anymore, what was the fuelling mod? Any alternatives out there? I have a slip on can and was going to ad a decat pipe but worried about getting too lean. I *think* from what I've read i'll be okay with just the o2 mod for the closed loop?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I got mine off ebay. He is in Australia and I am in the UK. Have a search for "KTM 690 Duke 690 SMC-R SMC 690 Enduro O2 Controller Fuel Mod" There is one on ebay.co.uk

And it works lovely on my 2017 Duke 690. It makes the lower rev range smooth and usable. Thanks Kev !!!!!
Thanks for this post as I was going to ask if I could transfer Kev's mods from a 2012 to a 2017 model,was thinking it wasn't possible with the new elecronics.

·
Full Throttle
5,561 Posts
I had one of the o2 mods on my XT660 and will get one for my Duke 690, but even though they aren't made anymore, what was the fuelling mod? Any alternatives out there? I have a slip on can and was going to ad a decat pipe but worried about getting too lean. I *think* from what I've read i'll be okay with just the o2 mod for the closed loop?
the fuel mod was an ambient air sensor mod, which works when the sensor is on, all the time i guess.
the o2 mod targets part throttle cruise, it doesnt molest your acceleration maps.so its pretty renowned for fixing those part throttle problems.

the decat i suppose messes with the whole system, 02 mod is probably spot on for cruising.
for flogging it with open exhaust and open air filters its prolly running lean then gets better as the revs get higher, like from 6k to the redline.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,180 (Edited)
1161 - 1180 of 1248 Posts